An Information Security Management System (ISMS) that meets the requirements of ISO 27001, can also help an organisation comply with other industry-specific standards.
For example, the Gambling Commission, which regulates commercial gambling in the UK, requires ‘gambling software and remote operating’ license holders to comply with particular technical standards and requirements.
These requirements are detailed in the document ‘Remote gambling and software technical standards – August 2009’, which includes an entire section (Section 5) dedicated to security requirements that are aligned with the controls from Annex A of the ISO 27001 Standard.
Section 5 also includes a list of the most critical systems used in remote gambling and software.
If your company falls within the gambling commission’s regulations, we can help you in the following ways:
– establishing and implementing an ISMS,
– providing a GAP analysis to the technical standard and ISO 27001.
– auditing your management system with emphasis on Section 5 of the technical standards.
– maintain and improve the management system.
– guide you through the certification process with a UKAS accredited body.
For more information, call us on 01268 799228.